I’ve been finishing up a few projects, including our latest kids’ CD, To Be Like Jesus, and the Next Live CD, from our Next conference. That will be available next Wednesday. 13 songs for $5. I’ll keep you posted on the details.
But I just looked at my calendar and saw that it’s exactly five weeks until WorshipGod09 begins, and three weeks until registration closes. This will be our 7th conference since 1999, all held at Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, MD.
I’m looking forward to WorshipGod09 for a number of reasons.
- We’ll be spending three and a half days hearing rich teaching, singing Christ-exalting songs, encountering God’s greatness and goodness, being equipped in the theology and practice of worship, and hanging out with around 1500 folks who want to live for the glory of Jesus Christ and help others do the same.
- My good friend C.J. Mahaney, whom I’ve served with in various contexts for about twenty years, will be joining me for an interview on “What We’ve Learned the Last 30 Years.”
- John Piper will be speaking twice on two of the most important things to pass on the next generation when it comes to worship: biblical truth and heart passion.
- Thabiti Anyabwile, one of the favorite speakers from WorshipGod08, will be flying in from his church in the Cayman Islands to talk to us about why the church should matter to musicians.
- My good and smart friend, Jeff Purswell, will be instructing us on how musicians should think about their role in the church.
- Keith and Kristyn Getty will be sharing thoughts on songwriting in two seminars and singing some of their songs for us.
- Shai Linne, Christian hip-hop artist from Epiphany Fellowship in Philadelphia, will be sharing his thoughts and songs with us.
- Ben Gowell, guitarist for Sara Groves and Paul Baloche, will be teaching two seminars on electric guitar.
- Don Whitney will be joining us again to talk about Thirsting for God and Family Worship.
- We’ll be releasing our newest Sovereign Grace Music album, Sons and Daughters.
- We’ll be giving away a lot of stuff.
If previous years are any indication, it will be an intense, exhausting, fun, eclectic, rich, fruitful time. I’d love it if you were able to join us. If you can’t make it, please consider praying that God’s Spirit will work powerfully in us to see Christ exalted, his people equipped, and God’s Word faithfully proclaimed.