We had some great entries for this contest and I wish I could give away a free NEXT registration to everyone who participated. THANKS for being so enthusiastic about the conference!
But the three individuals who have won a free pass to this year’s NEXT conference are:
Someone will be contacting you with information about how to register for free.
And to inspire you, here’s some of the things Bertrhude Albert (the lady on the left in the picture above) did to spread the word about NEXT. Definitely the most creative approach…
1)Created a state of the art NEXT superhero outfit (with wings/a cape/goggles and everything!) and wore it on the University of Florida Campus while shouting the goodnews of NEXT!
-Stood on tall trash cans with HUGE handmade NEXT board (crafty board, with all the info about NEXT)
-Played my djembe (drum) and my Ukulele while singing about NEXT.
-Allowed random people to take pictures with me in my costume, in exchange for 2 minutes of their lives to tell them about NEXT.
2) Drove around Gainesville telling random people about NEXT!
-Walked the parking lots (with my costume) holding NEXT sign. (It was hot!)
-Walked by huge glass windows holding NEXT sign, waiting for people to read it. (They LOVED it).
3) Mass emailed my friends and Family about Next
-Changed my profile pic to NEXT conference.
-Changed my status to be about the AWESOMENESS OF NEXT!
-Blogged about NEXT!
-Joined the NEXT Event!
-Left comments on my friends wall just saying “NEXT!” (Maybe itll turn into a game!)
-Facebooked friends about NEXT.
5) Texted and called people about NEXT!
6) Announcing NEXT to my college group that meets on campus, Chi Alpha. (That should be worth double the amount of points, it’s an Assemblies of God fellowship!!)
7) Having my sister make her twitter about Next (I dont have a twitter).
8) Requesting stickers!
9) Last but not least, I contacted the greatest most effective advertising agent there is. Trust me, He is the most reliable and faithful agent in the universe. With His help, everyone who needs to be at this conference…will be there. He’s got this mysterious way of contacting people all over, at the same time, even if they’re lacking technology. He’s that good. I call him, Jehovah. I hardcore prayed for this conference, and I trust that God will bring in the harvest. He triumphs any and EVERY attempt man gives at advertising. He’s the best!
I’m not sure that wearing a superhero NEXT outfit is going to persuade the masses to come, but I appreciate the enthusiasm! I was especially grateful for the “hardcore” prayer.
Whether or not you’ll be at the conference, please join us in praying that Jesus would be exalted in people’s hearts, that God’s Word would renew our minds, and that lives would be changed.