I received some creative responses in the ESV Study Bible giveaway. Here are a few you might enjoy.
The reason I should get one of those Bible is that if you bring me one, I’ll take you diving and you’ll get to experience worship on a whole new level — about 100 feet below the surface! (from Dave in the Cayman Islands)
I want to receive and read through the ESV STudy Bible so that the whole counsel of God and the wisdom of godly men washes over my mind and my heart to transform me into a white hot, recklessly passionate Jesus freak. (from David)
To combine a lucid translation of scripture with insightful theological essays, pastorally sensitive articles, and exegetical notes that respect the inspiration of scripture can only aid in the breadth of my expositional preaching and richness of my feeble attempts at devotion. (from Chris)
Dreamed I went to Lifeway
You were there with me
We walked past rows of study Bibles,
NAS and KJV.
We heard the cashier saying,
“Which one will it be?”
Not Sproul, MacArthur, but edited by JT.
I’ll read it in 2009
Good for my soul, and mind…(from Justin)
10. Bob said it, I believe it, I want it
9. Love the ESV
8. Beginning ministry with international students
7. Paying off adoption loan
6. Cannot pay personal scholar
5. Will advocate for ESV
4. Orange cover matches this blog
3. It’s God’s Word
2. I have much to learn
1. I gave my old ESV bible to a counselee and he has never come back (and neither has the ESV Bible) (from Rick – this would have been a winner, but it was more than 50 words…)
There you go.