At WorshipGod East (July 31-Aug. 3), Derrick Jeror will be joining Doug Gould to teach a workshop on “Sound Systems for the Portable and Small Church.” We used Derrick’s company, Housetop Media, for Sovereign Grace Church of Louisville, and we couldn’t be more pleased with the efficient, effective, and excellent way Derrick served us. He worked within our budget constraints and was quick to respond to changes we requested.
Derrick took some time to answer a few questions for me so you can get to know him and his topic better.
1. Briefly share your testimony of conversion with us.
I came to Christ at 5 years old. An elderly woman in my church gave me a small tract that clearly shared the gospel. I knew I needed a savior.
2. Why do you think what you’re teaching on is an important topic?
Church planting is extremely effective at reaching new people with the gospel. Most church plants need to rent a facility and have to be mobile. I’ve always been passionate about both technology and church planting.
3. What do you hope will be filling people’s minds and hearts as they walk away from your message?
I hope they will be more at peace and have a better understanding how to work through the complexities of being a portable church.
4. Is there any passage of Scripture that sums up what you’ll be sharing?
Luke 12:13 “Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed on the housetops.” Spread the gospel to the public from strange places using whatever tools available to you!
5. Can you expound on one point that you’ll be making in your message?
Technology advances over the last 2 years have really completely changed what portable church systems look like from a technology standpoint. You can be much smaller, cheaper, simpler and better quality than was possible just 5 years ago.
6. How has what you’re going to speak on affected your own life?
I’m part of a portable church and I’ve helped probably 100 other portable churches start over the past 3 years. It’s a part of my life every day.
7. Can you recommend any books, articles, websites, or materials on this topic?
Wow, there’s not. Guess I need to write a book…
8. What would you say to someone who is trying to decide whether or not to come to WorshipGod2013?
Attending this conference is truly a worship filled experience. It’s not just about sounding and looking good. It’s about worshiping our amazing savior and leading others into the presence of God.