Win a Pre-Release Download of “30”

30 album design-final_FotorWe’re pretty excited about our new album, 30, available for pre-order tomorrow for only $7. It’s a collection of 14 more well known Sovereign Grace songs that some of our friends have recorded for us, including Paul Baloche, Kristyn Getty, Austin Stone Worship, Aaron Keyes, Matt Papa, Matt Boswell, and more. You can find more details here.

The official release is next Tuesday, April 8, at the Together for the Gospel conference. CDs will be available from the Sovereign Grace Online store starting Tuesday, April 15.

But you can enter to win a free download today and hear it before anyone else!

All you have to do is:

1. Leave a comment below telling us what your favorite Sovereign Grace song is.
2. In 100 words or less tell us why it’s meaningful to you.
3. You can enter up to 3 times, using a different song each time.

Comments will close will close some time after midnight tonight EST and we’ll pick 5 entries based on content and 5 at random. I’ll announce the winners tomorrow morning and we’ll contact you by email.

And to add to the fun, we’re running a similar contest today on our Sovereign Grace Music Facebook site.

71 Responses to Win a Pre-Release Download of “30”

1. JonnyR March 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM #

Mine right now would be, “Now Why This Fear” because it spurs me to press on!

• Jennifer Sadler April 1, 2014 at 2:37 AM #

My favourite song would be “You Never Change”. As a missionary here in Japan, I have sung this song many times in different events and each time it speaks to me me about how God is a source of all good and it echoes the hymn, “Great is thy faithfulness” as each morning his mercies are new! In the second verse it speaks of mountains fall into the sea. As we have endured the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami here in Japan, this songs speaks to those who have lost hope and need the Author of Life – Jesus Christ.

2. Jason Williams March 31, 2014 at 6:07 PM #

Now Why This Fear
    The song played most often on the phones and stereos and computers in my household, this song digs deep to unearth the source of our pains and problems — fear — and pours in the balm of healing that we need every hour: Jesus. “All my trust is in your blood!” The words of this song preach to my soul, and Pat and the team at The Gathering graciously lead my family and me to walk and worship with awe and confidence. Whether I’m working out in the gym or singing out with a congregation, I love this song.

3. Tim Hall March 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM #

All That I need

This song is simply a great reminder of what Christ does for us in our ongoing journey, and that “all that we need” is in him.

4. Jeremy Sauskojus March 31, 2014 at 8:28 PM #

All I Have is Christ
    Each one of us can join the story of the Prodigal Son — some of us are the son who left in rebellion, and some of us are the son who stayed in rebellion (pride). Either way, each of us is in desperate need of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Personally, I started as the son who stayed and rejoiced in my perceived righteousness. Then, God, in His graciousness, exposed my heart as I ran my hell-bound race.
    All of us are sinners in need of the cross. Some of us have trained ourselves to wear our sin on the inside, while others of us have trained ourselves to wear our sin on the outside. Praise God for His redeeming work in us!

5. John Braswell March 31, 2014 at 8:51 PM #

“All I Have Is Christ”
    First found this song referenced in our Sunday school literature. Looked it up on YouTube and was floored by the awesome raw truth. Never before had I heard a song speak so plainly about our rebellion against God. We, the church, need to be reminded of how wretched we are. How deceitful and untrustworthy our hearts. Then, we can truly appreciate the gospel all the more. All I have is Christ, so I have everything i need!

6. Kevin March 31, 2014 at 9:26 PM #

My Redeemer’s Love

Biblically describes God’s love for us when the concept is so skewed by the world’s definition of love

7. Kevin March 31, 2014 at 9:27 PM #

Now Why This Fear

Addresses our doubt and unbelief by reminding us that salvation was fully accomplished by the person and work of Christ

8. Caleb Mathews March 31, 2014 at 9:39 PM #

My favorite is “All I have is Christ”. I so enjoy singing this song corporately. The chorus is so simple, truthful, and powerful. So many times, I honestly feel like my heart is saying, “Ugh… all I have is Christ…” But by God’s grace, He is teaching me to count everything as loss compared to knowing the Savior. I’m also thankful for the way the song is written. The verse lyrics speak gospel truths, like “all I know is grace,” that lead to the ability to honestly declare the challenging and comforting words of the chorus.

9. Caleb Mathews March 31, 2014 at 9:46 PM #

It’s so difficult to pick just one song. I’m thankful for so many! I also love an oldie but goodie called “Out of the Depths”. Psalm 130 is one that I constantly refer back to for comfort, and this song brilliantly reinforces its truths. There is a particular lyric that encourages my soul and strengthens my faith every time I hear it: “In every trial and loss, my hope is in the cross, where your compassion never fails.” These words never fail to stir my heart, and even this one line will undoubtedly endure in my mind for years.

10. Jared March 31, 2014 at 10:38 PM #

“The Glory of the Cross.” It points both my heart and mind to the confident hope I have because of the righteousness, love, and mercy that Christ displayed on the cross, but then wraps all of that up in the bigger-picture: the glory of God that Christ displayed on the cross. It reminds me that I can serve God gladly, whatever the sacrifice, because the glory of God in the cross of Christ is worth it.

11. Nicole McLernon March 31, 2014 at 10:59 PM #

Out of the Depths. It never fails to instantly refocus my eyes on the truth of the Cross in the midst of hardship and trial. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve managed made it through the song without crying.

12. Nicole McLernon March 31, 2014 at 11:04 PM #

Behold Our God.

I so appreciate how this song simply speaks truth about who God is and His utter majesty. And I love how it calls us to the only appropriate response – adoration.

13. Caleb Mathews March 31, 2014 at 11:12 PM #

I’m so thankful that Sovereign Grace recorded “How Sweet and Aweful is the Place.” This hymn has such a special place in my heart. I enjoy the rich theology that deals with sin, salvation, the nations, and a host of other precious truths. But after my old college pastor and dear friend preached his last sermon before leaving for Central Asia to serve as a missionary, we sang this song. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life, with hands lifted and voices crying out “Lord, why was I a guest?” and “Pity the nations, O our God!”

14. Maria K March 31, 2014 at 11:47 PM #

Shine Into Our Night is a personal favorite of mine because of the poetic imagery of Christ shining into our darkness until we can see his glory.

15. Alfie K March 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM #

Have Mercy On Me
    I am going to post twice if I still have time after I write this one, as this is probably my personal favorite. I am a sinner… Your blameless Lord…
    The words are so breaking, and once again I find His steadfast love is my only source of hope.
    The song is a wonderful verbal display of how dependent we are on the grace of God. The recording of it fits the songs mood well. I play and sing to it often.

16. Alfie K March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM #

Glorious Christ
    This is my favorite congregational song right now to lead. The content is great because it is a simple story of the Gospel yet the great power of the story is only enhanced because of it. It’s a very uplifting song as we lift up our king together with our voices. Singing of the hope we have in His triumphant return is a wonderful reminder of where our eyes are to be fixed.

17. Ismael Adames March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM #

Song: It’s Your Grace
    Its a true reminder that only by grace we are saved.
    ysmada@gmail.com

18. Warwick April 1, 2014 at 12:45 AM #

“It is Not Death to Die”.
    This particular song—both in words and melody—has been a constant comfort to my wife and myself over the past couple of years as we have faced some particularly sad circumstances.

This period of sadness started when my mother-in-law suffered a major stroke which has left her with paralysis, loss of speech, and other handicaps. While she was in hospital undergoing rehabilitation, her husband took her out of hospital for a short excursion in his car, only to “black out” at the wheel and collide with another car. He died in the accident, while leaving my mother-in-law with further injuries.

The congregation of which we have all been a part for many years was deeply affected by these events, and many were especially moved and comforted during the funeral service when “It is Not Death to Die” was sung.

Since that time, we have had further occasion to reflect on these words, as we have said goodbye from this world to two other close friends, one from cancer, the other from taking his own life.

It may be that this, then, is a particularly sad song… but I would argue that it is far from that. There can be nothing more encouraging and motivating for the Christian than the thought of the life to come, a life of bliss with our precious Saviour for eternity. “It is Not Death to Die” is a wonderful truth on which to meditate.

19. Daniel April 1, 2014 at 1:51 AM #

All I have is Christ. Christ is not only all we need, but all we have!

20. tiandni April 1, 2014 at 7:29 AM #

My favorite is, “The Gospel Was Promised,” I loved the way this song brings into perspective the gospel and the teachings of the Bible. I have spent 7 years in Japan, and attended many different churches including ANF. I am even translating many songs into Japanese. It is so difficult to find gospel centered songs in Japanese, and even in English. All songs seem to be centered on personal emotions, what God is doing for me, songs for me, and lyrically/theologically weak. This song is rich and pure gospel. It is one of the songs I want to be translated and shared around the world