Sovereign Grace Music is inviting families, individuals, children’s ministries, and whoever else is up for making a creative video to participate in a contest using our latest kids’ album, To Be Like Jesus. The prize is a $250 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Order a copy of To Be Like Jesus from our online store as an album or a digital download. (You can skip this step if you already own one).
2. Make a video using one of the songs from the album. You can use an accompaniment track and provide your own vocals, or use one of the original songs. (For the non-musical readers, the “accompaniment track” is the music without the lead vocal.) Be as creative as you’d like. Use hand motions, graphics, dance, puppets…you get the idea. Just be sure that if you use the accompaniment track that you add your own lead vocal.
3. Post your video to YouTube and send the link, your name, and contact info to TBLJ@sovgracemin.org.
4. All entries must be posted to YouTube by 11:59 PM Jan. 31.
5. Entries will be judged on quality, originality, and content.
6. We’ll pick a winner some time in mid-February. If it’s close, I may ask my readers to help me pick the winning video.
That’s all there is to it. I’m thinking this could be a great activity for all that down time over the Christmas holidays.
Why are we doing this? A few reasons. We think To Be Like Jesus—an album that teaches the fruit of the Spirit in a creative, gospel-centered way—needs to be heard by more people. We think families will have a fun time working on a video together. And, we just like to give away stuff.
So let your inner video director emerge, and start working on your video.
And feel free to enter more than once. I know some of you are unusually creative.