I’ve appreciated all of you who put your search engine to work and found out the answers to the Giveaway #2 contest related to GLAD trivia. We’ve found our twenty winners. There were even some actual GLAD fans among them, although a few people were honest enough to say they had never heard of GLAD until this contest…
Anyway, for those who didn’t have time to look for the answers, here they are:
1. What two colleges did the four original members of GLAD attend?
West Chester State College (back in the early 70’s) and Temple University
2. What GLAD song mentions Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia?
Take a Stand. The song tells the story of an interview we conducted at Rittenhouse Square where we asked people “What is the meaning of life?” No one knew the answer. That’s why we as Christians need to take a stand for the light…
3. How many recordings did GLAD make before The A Cappella Project in 1988?
Seven. However, most people who have heard of GLAD think The A Cappella Project was our first recording.
4. Who first recorded the GLAD Christmas song “In the First Light?”
Kathy Sinni, a Christian artist in the metropolitan D.C. area. I wrote it for her custom project in the mid-80’s.
5. What original GLAD song was recorded by Debby Boone?
A New Song. This was a song I wrote for a girl’s senior recital at Temple, which ended up on the GLAD album Beyond a Star.
Well, enough GLAD trivia. This blog will now return to its regularly scheduled program.
If you’d still like to check out some of the songs on Worship God Live, samples are available here.