Yesterday we launched the new Sovereign Grace Music website. And boy, am I excited about it.
My good friend Bo Lotinsky was the one who had the foresight to launch the first Sovereign Grace Music, which has served us for a number of years. But as Sovereign Grace Music has grown so has our desire to serve the people who use our music. The new website is a huge step in that direction.
Cabedge did a brilliant job designing the site and were very responsive to our wishes and desires. The back end (under the hood) was put together in-house by our master IT wizard, Dave Mays. Without him we’d just have a clean website that did nothing. My daughter/admin Brittany oversaw entering all the data and we worked together on the info. She’s the one who made the FAQ and permission pages sound more like a real person and less like a robot.
So here are ten reasons why I think you’ll like our new site:
1. All the music, charts, info, videos, and samples from 33 Sovereign Grace albums are in one place.
2. On the Songs page you’ll be able to search for any song by keyword, tempo, genre, key, or theme. And because most of the people who use our music need more categories than chorus and hymn, you can search any combination of the more than 80 themes listed.
3. On an Album page you can sample every song, buy any song from iTunes, Amazon, or Bandcamp, download a zip file of all the sheet music related to that album, read info, leave a comment, and view pictures or videos related to the album. For many albums you can also click through to buy the CD from our store.
4. On the Artist page you can learn more about the musicians who actually produce the music we make. You’ll also see every song they’ve participated in, what role they played, and have the opportunity to hear and/or buy those songs from Amazon, iTunes, or Bandcamp.
5. On any individual song page you can read the lyrics to the song, download any sheet music related to the song with one click (including the 3-staff piano scores!), comment on the song, and see characteristics of the song including composer, vocalists, album, key, tempo, genre, and themes. You can click on any of those categories to find songs with similar characteristics.
6. The FAQ page has a lot of questions we’ve been asked over the years, and a few we think we should have been asked.
7. The permissions page tries to simplify the often complex world of using other people’s music, including ours.
8. On the front page we list recent songs, our most popular songs, and free songs (which you can download with one click, of course).
9. We have the lyrics to “official” Spanish translations to some of our songs and hope to post many more.
10. In the near future we also hope to have a Scripture search function that will enable you to find songs related to specific Bible texts.
All that to say, I’m pretty excited about the potential this new site has for making it easier for people to use, listen to, play, buy, share, and sing our songs. I’m hoping you think the same thing.
But enough talk already! You can check out the site here.
And let me know what you think.
Looks great, and best of all, it was easy to find just what I wanted…chord sheets for “Walking with the wise”…the kids and I have been loving that album. actually, the songs have been in my head while I’m trying to sleep…can you please make that stop?
Really enjoy the new site. Appreciate greatly that the full piano scores are now free of charge. Thank you!
Great website! I have already downloaded some sheet music. I love how it dovetails all the albums/sheet music/ lyrics/ artists together. Awesome job!
WOW. Thanks for the great improvements. The individual song pages are so readable, and I easily and quickly found everything. Slick. I appreciate how everything can be done with fewer clicks and searches.
Thank you again for your free resources. Many times I’ve downloaded lead sheets and had amazing private worship times right in my own home. The accessibility is amazing. Thanks for your generosity.
I love the new website and how much easier it is to download chart and lead sheets.
It’s great that you are putting your official spanish translations!
This is amazing! We are especially excited about #10, the scripture search function. Now that you have your songs on Bandcamp, would it be ok to embed them to our site? We really appreciate you guys and the important work you do.
– Caroline from The Scripture to Music Collective
Caroline, thanks for your encouragement. You should send your question to email@example.com. Thanks!
Amazing improvements. This new site has been very helpful to our team here at GraceJax.
Thanks to your whole ministry for time, thought, and care you all put into it!
Glad you like it, Joey!
Hey Bob, Is it still possible to get message/sermon outlines from past WorshipGod events? I have two cd’s with selected messages from 1999-2004 and also the WorshipGod06 CD but would like to get the message cd and message outlines for the one’s I’ve missed. I’m using your talks with my worship team and those outlines and the ability to send them your messages is a fantastic teaching tool. Can you help? Jon Eric Woodward, Pastor of Worship & Arts, Community Bible Church, High Point, NC – also do you ever come to churches and doing worship retreat weekends?
Jon, thanks for asking! All our past messages from conferences can be found here: http://worshipgodconference.com/past-conferences/
I don’t do many retreats/weekends for specific churches outside of Sovereign Grace, although I’d love to. My priorities and responsibilities limit what I can do. But thanks for asking and for your encouraging words!